This post may contain Affiliate Links. Please see my Full Disclosure Policy for more details.
The rossini cocktail is your new favorite brunch drink! Made with strawberry puree, sparkling wine, and simple syrup, it's easy, sweet, and perfect for any occasion.
Move over mimosa, there's a new millennial brunch drink in town.
Okay, maybe not new since it's been around for literally about a century...but ya know, mainstream new.
The Rossini cocktail is just gorgeous with a beautiful rosy pink color from the strawberry puree and it's become my new favorite brunch drink.
What is a Rossini cocktail?
Rossini is a strawberry variation of the bellini cocktail. But instead of using peach puree we are using strawberry puree since it's summer and all.
It's named Rossini after the famous Italian composer known for his "bubbly" musical compositions.
This makes it similar to the naming of bellinis, as Bellini was a famous 15th-century artist who painted the toga of a saint a pinkish hue.
What's the difference between a mimosa and a bellini (or in this case, Rossini)?
Both drinks are fruit-based with a bellini using peach puree and mimosas using orange juice. In a Rossini, we're using strawberry puree.
All are made with champagne or sparkling wine (prosecco is the popular wine of choice), and it's best to drink them cold from a champagne flute.
- A high powered blender to puree the strawberries.
- A fine mesh sieve for straining the puree.
- Gorgeous champagne flutes!
To make a Rossini cocktail you need:
- Fresh or frozen strawberries
- Lemon juice
- Simple syrup
- And sparkling wine or champagne.
This drink recipe is exactly what I need at brunch: simple, easy, perfectly boozy and sweet. Even if you don't have time or energy to make a simple syrup, you can just throw strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a blender, strain it, add your wine and stir gently.
Like I said, easy and simple. And SO gorgeous. This would be a fantastic drink for Valentine's Day dinner or a spring or summer brunch. It's just sweet and pink and pretty. Who doesn't love that?
Want more Thirsty Thursday recipes?
Click here to subscribe SWEET TEA & THYME’S NEWSLETTER for free and fresh recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @sweet_tea_thyme on Instagram to share your remakes with me, I love looking through your photos!
Leave a 5 star rating and comment on the recipe card to let me know if you enjoyed this recipe.
Rossini Cocktail (Strawberry Bellini)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup 56g simple syrup or granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon about ½ a lemon lemon juice
- 1 750mL bottle sparkling white wine or champagne, chilled
- Strawberries to garnish
- In a high powdered blender, puree the strawberries, simple syrup or sugar, and lemon juice in a blender until very smooth.
- Pour the strawberry mixture through a fine-mesh sieve set over a wide mouth container to remove seeds and excess pulp, if desired.
- Spoon the puree into glass flutes to fill by a third of the way up the flute. Slowly pour the sparkling wine or champagne over the strawberry puree and stir gently. Garnish glass with a strawberry. Serve immediately.