Sweet sugar cookies get a refreshing twist with lemon zest and a tangy lemon-vanilla glaze drizzled on top. Glazed lemon cookies are perfect for spring and summer parties!
PIN this Glazed Lemon Cookies recipe in your SPRING, SUMMER, COOKIE, AND EASTER BOARDS on PINTEREST. And follow Sweet Tea & Thyme on Pinterest for more tips, hacks, and tasty recipes!
Ah, spring. It's been a lovely spring here, until the pollen count came up. Thankfully, the pollen only lasts a little while.
With spring (and pollen) comes the fresh, bright, delicious tastes of the warmer weather and I am too excited. I love sitting out on my patio (the home we have right now doesn't have a front porch 🙁 ) and drink with friends and heat up the grill.
You know, all the classic cornball warm weather things people do.
Today I'm sharing with you my glazed lemon cookies recipe. I love lemons, I put lemon in almost everything. It brings a brightness to any recipe, can cut richness and sweetness without impeding on flavor, and can remove the overkill of spiciness if you mess up a spicy dish. Lemons are the ingredient.
These cookies are perfect for spring and summer, they are light and sweet yet have the refreshing flavor of lemon thanks to the glaze on top. They are perfect for a backyard barbecue, memorial day party, a spring picnic, whatever spring and summer fun you have planned, lemon cookies will be a complete hit.
Here are the tools I used in this recipe:
[amazon_link asins='B010TFF6AE,B0000CDVD2,B00V5IM0EU,B00JG3TBVQ,B004VLYQGS,B00LGLHUA0' template='ProductCarousel' store='sweetteaandth-20' marketplace='US' link_id='03dcda2a-174f-11e7-8de1-6b97c8a464d6']
For more great recipes, subscribe to Sweet Tea & Thyme!
And let’s connect on social media through my FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER and INSTAGRAM. I love getting to know you guys!
- 2 sticks (1 cup; 224 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup (288 g) granulated sugar
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ teaspoon (6 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup (270 g) White Lily All-Purpose Flour, or pastry flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup (120 g) powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ (1 mL) teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, press sugar and lemon zest with a spatula to infuse the sugar with lemon. Cream sugar and butter together with a whisk or electric hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Add baking powder, salt, and flour and mix with a spoon or spatula until flour is just combined fully (no unincorporated flour) and barely tacky. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out batter and put onto the parchment paper/baking mat, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then remove. Let cool for 5 minutes on the pan and 10 on a wire rack.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients in a small bowl and spoon over cooled cookies.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sweet Tea and Thyme!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Don't forget to PIN this recipe!
Here are more yummy spring treats!
See y'all in the next post!
Eden Westbrook is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind Sweet Tea and Thyme. A classically trained chef, Eden has inspired home cooks into the kitchen with cultural comfort foods, easy family-friendly eats and sweets, and glorious spreads for date night and entertaining since 2015.