Make your own everything bagel seasoning at home! Only 6 ingredients and five minutes to make this on-trend seasoning blend.
PIN THIS EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING RECIPE NOW IN YOUR HOMEMADE, BREAKFAST, AND CONVENIENCE FOOD BOARDS ON PINTEREST. AND FOLLOW SWEET TEA & THYME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE TIPS, HACKS, AND TASTY RECIPES!
If you love everything bagels or love Trader Joe’s everything bagel seasoning, you are going to love this recipe.
Brian and I eat avocado toast almost every day, and a blogger friend of mine and I were discussing the whole ‘easy convenience foods’ thing. Last year, everyone and their mama were all over that Trader Joe’s bagel seasoning, and I was literally thinking about making an extra stop on my grocery shopping just to get some…when my girl Nicole told me what was in everything bagel seasoning….and I realized I have everything for it. I found it on my excusion through my favorite farmer’s market in Atlanta…
…But I promise you can find all the ingredients in the spice aisle of your grocery store.
Anyway, after finding out that everything bagel seasoning is just dried minced onions and garlic, salt, poppy seeds, and sesame seeds, I was a little too hyped. I love making convenience foods at home! Save your coins and have the extra ingredients left over for other cooking needs.
Anyway, for this recipe I toast the garlic and onions and all the seeds in a small skillet over medium-low heat. This kind of intensifies the flavors of everything and brings the oils out of the seeds for more flavor.
It’s optional, but it’s easy and gives you a deeper, toasty, richer flavor. And who doesn’t want more flavor?
Looking for something to sprinkle your seasoning on? Check out:
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe!
shop this recipe
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $30.97Was: $49.99
FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES, SUBSCRIBE TO SWEET TEA & THYME!
LET’S CONNECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA THROUGH MY FACEBOOK PAGE,AND INSTAGRAM. I LOVE GETTING TO KNOW YOU GUYS!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A FOOD BLOGGER AND WANT TO KNOW HOW TO CREATE IT AS A LEGAL, PROFITABLE ONLINE BUSINESS WITH MULTIPLE INCOME STREAMS AND ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES, CLICK HERE!
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons kosher or flakey sea salt
- Optional: In a small skillet over medium-low heat, put all the ingredients except the salt in. Let them toast for a few minutes (3-5) until they are fragrant and shake, toss and stir the ingredients occasionally to ensure they don't burn.
- Put ingredients into a small bowl, add salt and stir until well combined. Store in a sealed jar or container.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 5