Smooth, creamy, and decadent cherry cheesecake ice cream recipe that doesn’t require any fancy equipment! It’s really easy to make, and the hardest part is the wait!
PIN THIS NO-CHURN CHERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM RECIPE IN YOUR SUMMER, ICE CREAM, AND DESSERT BOARDS ON PINTEREST. AND FOLLOW SWEET TEA & THYME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE TIPS, HACKS, AND TASTY RECIPES!
Happy National Ice Cream Month, y’all!
How hot is it where you’re living? I mean, Miami is always hot (except on those days anywhere from October-February when Mother Nature graces >73 degree weather upon us) but good Lord, summer is like the sun is punching you in the face. Which is why you need to then shove all the ice cream you can into your face.
I mean, you really don’t need a reason to shove ice cream into your face, but the fact that it’s ice cream month and it’s hotter than a jalapeno’s hoohaa outside is a great excuse.
This cherry cheesecake ice cream is so, so easy, ridiculously easy. I’ve tried other recipes while I was recipe testing, and I realized that while it tasted fine and they had cream cheese, none of them tasted like a cheesecake.
When I make a cheesecake, I often add lemon zest and lemon juice; the cheesecake ice cream just doesn’t taste like a cheesecake without it, along with the vanilla. Trust me, when you mix the cream cheese with the sweetened condensed milk, give it a taste before adding the lemon juice and zest. The ‘cheesecake’ flavor isn’t there! Adding that lemony goodness really gives the entire ice cream base that cheesecake flavor.
How many times have I said cheesecake?
Anyway, before getting into this endeavor I never realized how easy it is to make ice cream without an ice cream maker! All you need, truly, is a whisk and a freezer-safe container to put the ice cream in. Really, you don’t need any fancy equipment but a hand or stand mixer will make your life a lot easier while you whip up the cream.
After that, you fold in the sweetened condensed milk-cheesecake filling mixture and pour into your pan. then stir in the cherry pie filling and freeze for like 4-8 hours or overnight. That’s the only waiting you need to do, so if you want ice cream it’ll only take about 15 minutes to make the night before and you can have it the next day!
Told you it’s easy. And really, really good! There are still slight swirls of just the cheesecake mixture in the ice cream base (there was so much that I couldn’t homogenize the mixture completely!) and it’s not a bad thing! The ice cream itself is definitely sweet and creamy cheesecake, but the swirls of cheesecake filling give like a super-boost of flavor, along with the swirls of cherry pie filling. It’s sweet yet a little tart.
You can make your own pie filling, or even use fresh cherries and make a cherry syrup, but the pie filling is an easy way to get to eat your cherry cheesecake ice cream faster.
And don’t skimp on the graham crackers! I’m not even really a graham cracker kind of girl, but they make a fantastic addition in terms of texture.
Want more summer goodness? Check out:
Don’t forget to PIN this No Churn Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream recipe!
shop this recipe
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $199.99Was: $321.99
- Price: $46.26
- Price: Check on Amazon
FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES, SUBSCRIBE TO SWEET TEA & THYME!
LET’S CONNECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA THROUGH MY FACEBOOK PAGE,AND INSTAGRAM. I LOVE GETTING TO KNOW YOU GUYS!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A FOOD BLOGGER AND WANT TO KNOW HOW TO CREATE IT AS A LEGAL, PROFITABLE ONLINE BUSINESS WITH MULTIPLE INCOME STREAMS AND ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES, CLICK HERE!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, at least 35% fat
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or hand mixer or just using a whisk), whisk whipped cream until stiff peaks form. Scoop out whipped cream and place into another bowl, then set aside for later.
- Using the same bowl on your stand mixer and a paddle attachment (or just using a hand mixer or whisk), beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and zest, then beat in until smooth.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream carefully, using a silicone spatula and gently scooping from the bottom to fold the mixture together, so you don't deflate the whipped cream.
- Pour half of your cream mixture into a 9x5" loaf pan. Use a spoon to place spoonfuls of cherry filling onto the layer of ice cream base, then swirl the cherries into the cream with a butter knife.
- Pour remaining cream mixture on top and repeat, then sprinkle graham crackers on top. Freeze for about 4-8 hours.