Sweet sugar cookies get a refreshing twist with lemon zest and a tangy lemon-vanilla glaze drizzled on top. Glazed lemon cookies are perfect for spring and summer parties!
PIN this Glazed Lemon Cookies recipe in your SPRING, SUMMER, COOKIE, AND EASTER BOARDS on PINTEREST. And follow Sweet Tea & Thyme on Pinterest for more tips, hacks, and tasty recipes!
Ah, spring. It’s been a lovely spring here, until the pollen count came up. Thankfully, the pollen only lasts a little while.
With spring (and pollen) comes the fresh, bright, delicious tastes of the warmer weather and I am too excited. I love sitting out on my patio (the home we have right now doesn’t have a front porch 🙁 ) and drink with friends and heat up the grill.
You know, all the classic cornball warm weather things people do.
Today I’m sharing with you my glazed lemon cookies recipe. I love lemons, I put lemon in almost everything. It brings a brightness to any recipe, can cut richness and sweetness without impeding on flavor, and can remove the overkill of spiciness if you mess up a spicy dish. Lemons are the ingredient.
These cookies are perfect for spring and summer, they are light and sweet yet have the refreshing flavor of lemon thanks to the glaze on top. They are perfect for a backyard barbecue, memorial day party, a spring picnic, whatever spring and summer fun you have planned, lemon cookies will be a complete hit.
Here are the tools I used in this recipe:
For more great recipes, subscribe to Sweet Tea & Thyme!
And let’s connect on social media through my FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER and INSTAGRAM. I love getting to know you guys!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 egg
- 1¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cup White Lily All-Purpose Flour (or pastry flour)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, press sugar and lemon zest with a spatula to infuse the sugar with lemon. Cream sugar and butter together until homogeneous and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add baking powder, salt, and flour and mix with a spoon or spatula until flour is just completely combined and barely tacky. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out batter and put onto the parchement paper about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool for 5 minutes on the pan and 10 on a wire rack.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients in a small bowl and spoon over cooled cookies. Enjoy your lemony cookies!
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe!
Here are more yummy spring treats!
See y’all in the next post!