This no-bake cookies and cream Cheesecake is what every chocolate sandwich cookie dreams of becoming. With a crunchy cookie crust, a cookies and cream filling, and no oven time needed, it’s the ultimate summer dessert!
Do you know anyone who doesn't love cheesecake?
No, me either. I also don't know anyone who doesn't love oreos.
But it's also almost July, and no one is using their oven around here. It's literally 104 degrees outside. But we want cheesecake, right? Of course we do.
Let's gaze upon the wonder that is this no bake cookies and cream cheesecake (or Oreo, if you're a brand snob). It's a completely no bake cheesecake, even the crust, and full of that cookies and cream cheesecake filling. There's a delicious dusting of fine crumbs over the top of the cake, crushed oreos are gently folded into the whipped cream and cream cheese mixture, which is just so. flipping. good.
Perfect Cookies and Cream Cheesecake tips
Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature before starting the recipe. Softened cream cheese makes it easier to turn into batter. Cold cream cheese will be difficult to make smooth and will leave you with big clumps of cold cream cheese in your cake.
To make sure you have nice, smooth, and easily made filling, use a electric hand mixer or stand mixer to whip up the cream cheese until smooth before moving on the rest of the filling. You could also use just a whisk and some elbow grease and get your work out on.
Buy the big family pack of Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies, or buy two packs. You'll be using over 50 cookies between the crust, the filling, the top layer, and the decorating cookies.
The gelatin is optional, it isn't needed but does provide extra support to the cheesecake since it is a no-bake cheesecake. I've made it with and without, and I like that is sets up just a bit firmer with the gelatin.
Use a 9 inch spring-form pan just as you would any other cheesecake. This recipe makes a lot of filling and it would overflow in a smaller pan.
Let the cheesecake chill for at least four hours, but overnight is preferred so make sure to plan this cake out to be made at least the morning of when you need it, if not the day before.
Looking for more cake recipes? Check out:
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO SWEET TEA & THYME’S NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
WHEN YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SNAP A PIC AND USE THE HASHTAG #SWEETTEAANDTHYME ON INSTAGRAM! Don't forget to give a star rating and comment!
FOLLOW SWEET TEA AND THYME ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 55 Oreo (chocolate sandwich) cookies
- 5 tablespoon (71 g) unsalted butter, melted
Cookies and Cream Filling
- 1 cup (240 ml) whole milk, warm
- 1 tablespoon gelatin, optional
- 3 bricks (24 ounces) full fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ⅓ cup (67 g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (13g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- Extra Oreos
- ½ cup (120 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Maraschino cherries
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Separate the creme from 40 cookies and place cookies and the creme filling into 2 separate bowls. Crush the remaining whole Oreos into big, chunky, broken pieces in a large zip top bag using a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy pan, and set aside.
- Add the separated Oreo cookies to a food processor and process until you have fine crumbs. Scoop out ¾ cup (255 g) of the crumbs and set aside. In a bowl, mix the rest of the crumbs and the melted butter together until are of the crumbs are well coated in butter.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan with parchment paper (trimming the parchment to fit the pan well), press the crumb mixture into the bottom pan into one firm, even layer. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you make the cheesecake filling.
The no-bake cookies and cream cheesecake filling:
- Mix the warm milk and gelatin together, if using gelatin.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth with very few or no lumps. Add in the creme from the separated cookies, sugar, vanilla extract and milk mixture then beat with mixer until well combined.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream in a separate bowl. Start mixing with clean electric mixer beaters on low speed to reduce splashing, then increase the speed to medium-high until the cream is fluffy and stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until just combined. Then, fold in the crushed oreos.
- Pour the cheesecake filling onto the cookie crust in your prepared springform pan, and carefully smooth the top of the cheesecake filling with an offset spatula. Sift the reserved ¾ cup (255g) cookie crumbs over the top of the cheesecake filling with a mesh sieve in an even layer.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Remove the no-bake cheesecake from the pan by unclasping the ring and removing the parchment paper.
- Optional decoration: whip the sugar and ½ cup of cream to stiff peaks, fill a piping bag fitted with a tip (I used a Wilton #1 open star tip) and pipe around the edge of the top of the cake. Decorate with extra Oreos and maraschino cherries, if using.
- Slice and serve cold.
- Keep covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Gelatin is NOT necessary, but it makes for a firmer, more stable cheesecake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sweet Tea and Thyme!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
Eden Westbrook is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind Sweet Tea and Thyme. A classically trained chef, Eden has inspired home cooks into the kitchen with cultural comfort foods, easy family-friendly eats and sweets, and glorious spreads for date night and entertaining since 2015.