Perfectly soft and thick white chocolate cherry cookies. Perfect for any time of the year and quite a crowd pleaser!
PIN THIS WHITE CHOCOLATE CHERRY COOKIES RECIPE IN YOUR COOKIE, , DESSERT, AND CHRISTMAS RECIPE BOARDS ON PINTEREST. AND FOLLOW SWEET TEA & THYME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE TIPS, HACKS, AND TASTY RECIPES!
I guess you could say I’m going a little cookie-crazy lately!
It’s the holiday season, y’all. I know you’re on the hunt for cookie recipes. I don’t know why, but Christmas and Thanksgiving almost always means you’re swapping cookie plates. It’s tradition. So I’m upping the cookie index here on ST&T, giving y’all what you ask for: more desserts, more sweets, more cookies.
Here we have one of my new favorites, a white chocolate cherry cookie. Probably not new, but I did make this because I wanted to make a cookie everyone in our house will eat. My husband’s favorite cookie is oatmeal raisin, but my son and I love chocolate chip cookies. Brian doesn’t like chocolate chip cookies.
I don’t know why, don’t ask me. I think it’s weird. Who doesn’t love a chocolate chip cookie?
White chocolate cherry cookies are a compromise: he loves the dried cherries that I buy from Aldi, and there are white chocolate chips (so it’s not a ‘chocolate’ flavor’). So everyone eats something they love.
And I don’t have to make two batches of cookies.
These cookies are ultra soft, thick, so chewy, and overloaded with white chocolate chips and those sweet, yet tart, cherries.
I suggest giving the cherries a pulse in your blender or food processor (or with a knife. Just pile em up and give them a couple of rough chop) so they aren’t dominating your cookie. Just saying.
Shop this Recipe
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $13.99
- Price: $8.93
- Price: $27.50Was: $39.99
FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES, SUBSCRIBE TO SWEET TEA & THYME!
AND LET’S CONNECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA THROUGH MY FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM. I LOVE GETTING TO KNOW YOU GUYS!
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped roughly
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars with a whisk. Whisk in egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cornstartch, baking soda, and salt together. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl, stirring together until well combined and dough has formed. It will be thick. Stir in white chocolate chips and cherries to evenly distribute.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove cookie dough from fridge, let rest at room temperature until dough is more pliable and easier to roll (about 20-30 minutes). Preheat oven to 350 degrees while waiting. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- Scoop dough with a cookie scoop or a metal spoon and roll into a ball with your hands. Place about 12 cookies onto each baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. They will look a little undone, but do not over-bake, they will firm up as they cool down. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, then cool completely on a wire rack.
- These stay fresh at room temperature (in an air-tight container) for 1 week.