Thick, chewy, and ready for Santa! These M&M's Christmas cookies are mixed with both semi-sweet and white chocolate chips and are ready to eat in just 30 minutes. Perfect for the holiday season.
Greyson's eyes light up every year when we make these, they're really just a child's dream cookie. What kid doesn't love chocolate chip cookies and M&M's, you know?
These Christmas cookies have been a mommy-son tradition in our house since he was two and was able to help dump the ingredients into a bowl. Greyson and I have been baking up a storm all month, giving cookies and goodies away, and, of course, eating.
I am definitely going to do some overtime at the gym after the holiday season is over.
How to Make M&M's Christmas Cookies
These cookies are so easy to make. There's no chill time, no wait time (besides waiting for them to be cool enough to eat!), no fuss! Perfect for whipping up holiday cookies with the little ones.
The ingredients are simple and classic:
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Christmas M&M's
- White and Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
And that's it!
To make the cookies, first, cream the butter and sugar together.
Creaming butter isn't about mixing or stirring the butter and sugar together, but about aerating the butter so it is light and fluffy. This light and fluffy butter will make your cookies light with a delicious texture. Don't over mix them, because the butter will break.
Mix in the egg and vanilla, then add in the flour, baking soda, salt and mix well.
Stir in the M&M's and chocolate chips, then use a cookie scoop to make the cookies. We want to use a cookie scoop so that all the cookies are uniform and bake all at the same time.
Bake on a cookie sheet until slightly golden brown and then let cool. Remember: if the cookies look done in the oven, they are overdone! It's better to have underbaked cookies than overbaked ones.
Other Christmas Cookies to check out this year:
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO SWEET TEA & THYME’S NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
WHEN YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SNAP A PIC AND USE THE HASHTAG #SWEETTEAANDTHYME ON INSTAGRAM! DON’T FORGET TO GIVE A STAR RATING AND COMMENT!
FOLLOW SWEET TEA AND THYME ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 8 tbsp (1 stick; 100 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (95 g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 cups (280 g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ tsp (1 g) baking soda
- ½ tsp (1 g) kosher salt
- ½ cup (102 g) Christmas M&M's, chopped roughly
- ½ cup (102 g) whole Christmas M&M's
- ¼ cup (43 g) white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (43 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Cream both granulated and light brown sugars and the unsalted butter with an electric beater on low until the butter is light in color and fluffy,
- Add the egg and vanilla extract until just beaten in (about 10 seconds), do not over mix.
- Stir in the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and kosher salt into the wet ingredients with a silicone spatula until the flour is just incorporated. It should kind of come together into one soft mass that is easy to manipulate with your hands without being gooey and sticky.
- Toss in all the M&M's and chocolate chips and use a spatula or your hands to mix them into the dough.
- Use a cookie scoop to make even cookie balls and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake each batch for 10 minutes. Do not overbake! They should be very puffy looking, even a little pale when taken out.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Keep in an airtight container and they'll stay fresh for at least 3-5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sweet Tea and Thyme!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
Eden Westbrook is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind Sweet Tea and Thyme. A classically trained chef, Eden has inspired home cooks into the kitchen with cultural comfort foods, easy family-friendly eats and sweets, and glorious spreads for date night and entertaining since 2015.