This sauteed asparagus recipe is super flavorful with lemon and garlic and simple to make with only a few ingredients!
Being a food blogger is such a blessing. It’s brought me into a bigger food world than I ever was in as a teenager. Even in culinary school.
Hey, just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean you don’t know how to make it.
Asparagus was never attractive to me before! And my hubby? Oh, he was so against it at first. Grey, too. He follows everything Brian does, food wise. Ooh, boy, it was going to be a difficult time with asparagus. Or so I thought.
PIN THIS LEMON GARLIC SAUTEED ASPARAGUS RECIPE NOW IN YOUR VEGGIE, SIDE DISH, AND SPRING BOARDS ON PINTEREST. AND FOLLOW SWEET TEA & THYME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE TIPS, HACKS, AND TASTY RECIPES!
When it first came into season, I served some asparagus with fettuccine alfredo and chicken.
Clean. Plates. Those two were asking for more, wondering where the rest of the asparagus was as they got up for second plates.
Brian is always baffled at how I make everything taste awesome.
It’s two things, love of my craft being the first thing. Cooking is my passion, and it shows.
Anyway, if I can make a four year old and a picky husband love asparagus, I’m sure you can, too. Or at least, enjoy some asparagus while trying.
This recipe is simple, and perfect before the asparagus goes away and the scalloped potatoes come through (who else is ready for fall? I just love the holiday season, I’m always ready for fall, haha!). We got minced garlic, lemon zest and juice, and a garnish of parm and parsley.
Or just parm and parm, again. Can’t ever have too much parmesan!
The asparagus is tender, yet crisp, coated in garlicky goodness, and you know what goes really well with asparagus?
Hollandaise! Make some eggs Benedict and serve this on the side with a drizzle of extra hollandaise. So delish.
Looking for something to go with this? Check out:
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe!
Shop this recipe
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $15.99
FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES, SUBSCRIBE TO SWEET TEA & THYME!
LET’S CONNECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA THROUGH MY FACEBOOK PAGE,AND INSTAGRAM. I LOVE GETTING TO KNOW YOU GUYS!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A FOOD BLOGGER AND WANT TO KNOW HOW TO CREATE IT AS A LEGAL, PROFITABLE ONLINE BUSINESS WITH MULTIPLE INCOME STREAMS AND ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES, CLICK HERE!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb asparagus about 15-20 spears, woody ends popped
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon's zest and juice
- Freshly grated parmesan to garnish
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, melt butter and oil together. Add asparagus spears to the pan, and saute until the asparagus for about 2 minutes, then add in garlic, lemon zest and juice, and season with about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Keep cooking can be easily pierced by a fork but is still crisp and crunchy, about 1 or 2 more minutes. The asparagus should still be a lovely green color not an olive green or a 'canned' looking green, that means it's cooked too far. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve on a plate sprinkled with parmesan cheese