I put this cheese sauce on everything! Smooth and luscious with plenty of spice and delicious cheesy goodness, this recipe only takes about 10 minutes to make.
PIN THIS EVERYTHING CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE NOW IN YOUR SNACKS, KID-FRIENDLY, AND SAUCE BOARDS ON PINTEREST. AND FOLLOW SWEET TEA & THYME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE TIPS, HACKS, AND TASTY RECIPES!
Don’t you love a good cheese sauce?
My family could put cheese sauce on everything (and honestly sort of do) it’s a staple that we keep on hand all the time for any time we want cheese sauce with something. Pretzels, broccoli, nachos, bread, fries, on burgers, whatever, it’s all getting cheese, more than likely this cheese. And if we want white cheddar, we use this
It’s very, very easy to make just like the white cheddar sauce: it’s evaporated milk, spices, and glorious melty, melty cheese. You can use whatever cheese (including American and Velveeta) you want but I like cheddar. Yes, cheddar may get a little grainy on you (especially sharp cheddar) so if you want complete and utter smoothness use mild cheddar and/or American cheese.
Make sure to shred a block of cheese. Do not use pre-shredded, the cellulose they dust the cheese with makes it difficult to melt down, and by time it does melt down it will get grainy because the cheese itself will be overheated. Booooo.
Speaking of which, be careful about your heat! As I learned while making this amazing, super creamy stove top mac and cheese, the cheese will get grainy if you leave it on heat for too long, no matter how low it is. So when you are satisfied with the meltiness of your cheese, take it off the heat!
The graininess doesn’t effect the taste, but it just doesn’t look pretty.
Prettiness is in the eye of the beholder, y’all. Thankfully your mouth doesn’t have eyes, so it’s all good.
FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES, SUBSCRIBE TO SWEET TEA & THYME!
AND LET’S CONNECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA THROUGH MY FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM. I LOVE GETTING TO KNOW YOU GUYS!
- 1 8 oz block preferred cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 12oz can evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard powder, optional
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Stir the cheese and cornstarch together in a medium sized saucepan; add all other ingredients, cooking over medium heat, whisking constantly until the cheese is melted and smooth.
- Immediately take off of the heat.
- Adjust cheese sauce to your taste, then serve while hot as a pourable sauce.
- It will thicken slightly as it cools. Keep in fridge for up to a week, splash in a bit of milk to loosen up while reheating.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 110