Chewy, fudgy, thick brownies made in one bowl! These come together easily with simple ingredients that give that amazing crispy, crackly crust. Homemade has never been easier.
PIN this Brownies from Scratch recipe NOW in your SNACKS, DESSERTS, CHOCOLATE, AND VALENTINE'S DAY BOARDS on PINTEREST. And follow Sweet Tea & Thyme on Pinterest for more tips, hacks, and tasty recipes!
These are brownies in their purest form. No funky ingredients, no strange mixtures, you're not using up all your mixing bowls and you don't have a mixer to clean afterword. One bowl, one whisk, one spoon, one baking dish, and about 16 delicious brownies.
While everyone has their favorites, I believe the best brownie is three things:
Fudgy, which is dense, thick, intensely chocolatey...basically like melted chocolate fudge.
Chewy, where they are still pretty dense, but edge a little more towards cake-like and just a bit lighter.
And have a crispy, crackly crust. It's like breaking into a creme brulée; it's possibly the best, best part of biting into a good brownie.
So fudgy center, chewy around the middle, and a crinkly crust that gives good crunch? Check, check, and check.
If that doesn't sound like the best brownie ever, I don't know what does!
And topped with ice cream? The best thing ever, brownie or no brownie.
Shop this Recipe
[amazon_link asins='B01IUKIPYY,B00K282KY4,B00LGLHUA0' template='ProductCarousel' store='sweetteaandth-20' marketplace='US' link_id='433a5aec-9e1c-11e7-bcbf-81db1592f226']
For more great recipes, subscribe to Sweet Tea & Thyme!
And let’s connect on social media through my FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER and INSTAGRAM. I love getting to know you guys!
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk melted butter, vegetable oil, both sugars, and vanilla together. Add eggs one at a time, whisking them in well before each addition.
- Add in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and mix in with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until flour is just incorporated.
- Pour brownie batter into lined baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes in oven. 35 for an intensely fudgy brownie, closer to 40 for more "set up" brownies as seen in the photos.
- Pull brownies from oven and let cool for 30 minutes to an hour. The crust will be puffy until cooled, the brownie crust will harden and the insides will set once cooled.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286
Don't forget to PIN this recipe!
See you in the next post!
Eden Westbrook is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind Sweet Tea and Thyme. A classically trained chef, Eden has inspired home cooks into the kitchen with cultural comfort foods, easy family-friendly eats and sweets, and glorious spreads for date night and entertaining since 2015.