Amazingly tender gnocchi are bathed in two of the best things in the world: bacon and cream, then sprinkled with cheese for one of the best dishes ever.
PIN this Gnocchi with Bacon Cream Sauce recipe in your WEEKNIGHT, DINNER, SIDE DISH, AND PASTA BOARDS on PINTEREST. And follow Sweet Tea & Thyme on Pinterest for more tips, hacks, and tasty recipes!
Jump to Recipe
Gnocchi is a recent discovery for me, honestly.
Okay, so maybe not a recently recent discovery. I mean, I’d heard of it, I’d seen it, watched it be made, but never had it. I decided to make it after seeing a video by Byron Talbot, then seeing a gnocchi board at Sur La Table. It was fate telling me to make this gnocchi recipe. Finally.
But I had no idea what to eat with it.
Is it potato? I mean, yeah but I wouldn’t put it with sour cream and chives.
Is it pasta? Sort of, but what do I do with potato pasta…?
I went with my instincts: I put bacon, and cheese all over it.
I mean, isn’t that everyone’s instinct when it comes to food? Creamy, delicious, cheesy sauce with smoky bacon and savory garlic, it is divine! This stuff should be bottled and sold, honestly.
If you plan on making your gnocchi, check out my how to make homemade gnocchi post. It freezes amazingly and is surprisingly easy to make by hand with simple ingredients and you don’t need any crazy equipment.
Honestly, if I don’t have any more gnocchi in the freezer, I’ll use premade in a snap; it makes this go by even quicker, since gnocchi literally takes 2 minutes to cook and you don’t have to worry about the kneading, rolling, cutting, etc.
Gnocchi is now my favorite pasta (it’s pasta, right?)! It’s pillowy, soft, light, it basically melts in your mouth, don’t be afraid of making (or buying) some some!
I love gnocchi in comforting (and down right BOMB) chicken and gnocchi soup. This Olive Garden copycat actually blows Olive Garden out of the water!
Shop this Recipe
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Out of stock
- Price: $5.99Was: $12.70
- Price: $9.40
For more great recipes, subscribe to Sweet Tea & Thyme!
And let’s connect on social media through my FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER and INSTAGRAM. I love getting to know you guys!
Amazingly tender gnocchi are bathed in two of the best things in the world: bacon and cream, then sprinkled with cheese for one of the best side dishes ever.
- 1 lb gnocchi
- Water enough to fill a large pot
- 4 strips smoked bacon chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 2 egg yolks beaten well
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried parsley and more parmesan to garnish
- Bring water, salted heavily, to a boil in a large pot.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together egg yolks, milk and cheese with a fork or whisk. Set aside.
- In a large high sided skillet over medium high heat, cook chopped bacon to desired crispness. Once done, turn heat to low and add garlic. Stir well, making sure garlic doesn't burn.
- Add gnocchi to the water and cook or 2-3 minutes, or as package describes.
- While gnocchi is cooking, add the egg mixture to the bacon in the skillet and stir in well with a rubber spatula. Mix chicken broth and cornstarch together in a small bowl, then add to the sauce, stirring well to incorporate.
- Drain gnocchi, then add to skillet and toss well with sauce.
- Serve with parsley and parmesan as garnish.
If you want more sauce (because who doesn't love this stuff?) double the cream and broth, season a bit more with salt and pepper to taste at the end.
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe!
See you in the next post!