Dalgona Whipped Chocolate is the caffeine-free version of the trendy Dalgona Coffee and is a perfect treat for the kids (and the kids at heart).
I'm not much of a coffee person. But I tried the whole Dalgona coffee thing, and honestly, this Dalgona chocolate is more our style.
Dalgona coffee requires you to whip boiling hot water, sugar, and instant coffee until it becomes thick and frothy and fluffy. It was amazing that it worked, amazing that the fluff never wanted to deflate, but then came the six-year-old asking to have some of that fluffy milk, too.
This version of Dalgona chocolate, which is essentially whipped chocolate over a glass of delicious vanilla milk, is just like it's coffee counterpart: minimal ingredients, extremely dense and fluffy, and that fluff will stay for hours so it can be made ahead and put into the fridge prior to serving.
How to Make Dalgona Style Whipped Chocolate
What makes this whipped chocolate milk a bit different from the others?
I used Nesquik. Totally not sponsored; we happened to have it in the pantry for Greyson and I wanted this little dessert/drink to be quick and simple rather than messing with unsweetened cocoa powder and trying to configure the right amount of sugar, what type of sugar, all that fuss.
Whip ¼ cup heavy whipping cream and ¼ cup Nesquik with a whisk or an electric hand mixer until it's at soft peaks. Dollop on top of your iced milk or dairy-free milk of choice and boom: Dalgona-style Whipped Chocolate. It's very thick and fluffy, so I suggest using a spoon to help mix the whipped chocolate into the milk.
Consider this a fun semi-homemade treat that can be made in a snap for any kid-friendly occasion.
Join the Sweet Tea Fam!
Join the newsletter along with thousands of other readers. Get free recipes, giveaways, and more right in your inbox!
More Kid-Approved Recipes
- 1 Hour Deep Dish Pizza
- Cinnabon Copycat Cinnamon Rolls
- One-Pot Stove Stop Mac and Cheese
- Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders with Garlic Butter Sauce
Fun twists on Dalgona Whipped Chocolate
- This can be made into a fun adult drink by adding a little flavored vodka, whiskey, orange-liqueur, Kalua, or Irish Cream to your glass of milk, just a splash. Or two.
- Decorate the whipped chocolate with sprinkles, crushed cookies, mini marshmallows, or dust on more Nesquik powder.
- Swap the milk for hot or iced coffee for a delicious mocha latte!
- Make the milk hot (bonus points for frothing it up with a milk frother) for a fun, melty twist on hot chocolate. This one is especially nice for when the cooler weather starts rolling in once fall hits.
Click here to subscribe SWEET TEA & THYME’S NEWSLETTER for free and fresh recipes right into your inbox!
To pin this recipe and save it for later you can use the Pin button on the recipe card, the sharing buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
Tag me @sweet_tea_thyme on Instagram when you make this recipe. I love seeing my recipes enjoyed and shared in kitchens across the world; you guys are amazing!
- 1 cup (230 g) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (91 g) Nesquik Chocolate Powder
- 2 cups milk of choice
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the Nesquik powder and heavy whipping cream over medium speed until fluffy and at soft peaks.
- Pour milk into four short cups about half way up, then generously dollop the whipped chocolate to fill the cups.
- Make ahead and keep in the fridge or drink immediately.
- The measurements can be segmented equally: ¼ cup cream + Nesquik = 1 serving, ½ cup each is 2 servings, etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sweet Tea and Thyme!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Eden Westbrook is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind Sweet Tea and Thyme. A classically trained chef, Eden has inspired home cooks into the kitchen with cultural comfort foods, easy family-friendly eats and sweets, and glorious spreads for date night and entertaining since 2015.