Chewy, fudgy, thick brownies made in one bowl! These come together easily with simple ingredients that give that amazing crispy, crackly crust. Homemade has never been easier.
PIN this Brownies from Scratch recipe in your SNACKS, DESSERTS, CHOCOLATE, AND VALENTINE’S DAY BOARDS on PINTEREST. And follow Sweet Tea & Thyme on Pinterest for more tips, hacks, and tasty recipes!
These are brownies in their purest form. No funky ingredients, no strange mixtures, you’re not using up all your mixing bowls and you don’t have a mixer to clean afterword. One bowl, one whisk, one spoon, one baking dish, and about 16 delicious brownies.
While everyone has their favorites, I believe the best brownie is three things:
Fudgy, which is dense, thick, intensely chocolatey…basically fudge-esque.
Chewy, where they are still pretty dense, but edge a little more towards cake-like and just a bit lighter.
And have a crispy, crackly crust. It’s like breaking into a creme brulee. It’s possibly the best, best part of biting into a good brownie.
So fudgy center, chewy around the middle, and a crinkly crust that gives good crunch. Check, check, and check.
If that doesn’t sound like the best brownie ever, I don’t know what does!
For more great recipes, subscribe to Sweet Tea & Thyme!
And let’s connect on social media through my FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER and INSTAGRAM. I love getting to know you guys!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk melted butter, vegetable oil, both sugars, and vanilla together. Add eggs one at a time, whisking them in well before each addition.
- Add in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and mix in with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until flour is just incorporated.
- Pour brownie batter into lined baking dish and bake for 30 minutes in oven.
- Pull brownies from oven and let cool for 30 minutes. The crust will be puffy until cooled, the brownie crust will harden and the insides will set once cooled.
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe!
Check out more sweet recipes!
See you in the next post!