Welcome back on the porch, y'all.
Whew, this week has been an interesting one.
First off, I watched The Secret on Netflix. Which, honestly, everyone 'knows' the secret: it's the law of attraction, or changing your inner mindset and energy to focus on the positive.
And we all know that in the back of our heads that makes sense: I mean, if you wake up in a bad mood because you stubbed your toe or you fought with your spouse the night before, it tends to linger on all day and other 'bad' things seem to happen like running late, feeling like crap, being on edge, people getting on your nerves, etc.
I know stuff like this makes people uncomfortable. Good. Change is uncomfortable, even the stuff that seems silly.
So, what has happened this week?
Well, I am now a freelancer for Yummly.com. Signed the contract this week.
I won a giveaway. This is big because I never win anything.
ALDI sent me some gifts for Valentine's Day, which was awesome.
I'll keep going with the meditation and manifestation thing and let you know how it goes but so far so good!
5 things I love this week
- Watching old Miss USA pageants. Really wish I could've been in pageantry (I'm such a southern girl) but my parents put me in soccer and karate instead! But whenever I need motivation to keep going towards my goals and get my butt in the gym, I watch pageants. It works haha.
- Florida strawberries are in season (I know, Florida can't do anything like the rest of the country, right?) so I've been noshing on them and making strawberry lemonade all week. So good.
- Elevation Church livestreaming their service. I get my Elevation Church on before I get my Church by the Glades on the last two Sundays and love it.
- Nashville. It ended last year, but I've been watching it on Hulu. It's a good show, great acting and the last two seasons went a little whacko because of the network change, but still good. Ugh, the soundtrack, as the kids say, slaps!
- ALDO shoes. I finally found a place that sells size 5 heels. My feet shrunk when I was pregnant with Greyson, my feet were closer to a size 6 when I was in high school but now size 5.5 are way too big for my feet and it's near impossible to find shoes that fit unless I go to expensive European brands. But God dropped me off at ALDO...which is an affordable European brand!
Here's some house inspiration I've been all over:
from my Pinterest House Goals board (Original sources unknown)
My favorite Citrus Recipes
Top Comment of the Week
Kim about Salmon en Papillote with Gremolata
I’m a huge salmon fan and I LOVE how easy and delicious this recipe is!
Thanks Kim! We love salmon here, too, it's our favorite fish to eat! Not only is it rich in omega 3 fatty acids (so good for you!) but this recipe is great for the amateur cook who wants to have a fancy dinner without it being difficult
Most Popular Recipes this Week:
This Week's Menu:
Eden Westbrook is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind Sweet Tea and Thyme. A classically trained chef, Eden has inspired home cooks into the kitchen with cultural comfort foods, easy family-friendly eats and sweets, and glorious spreads for date night and entertaining since 2015.