Thick, chewy, and perfect for Santa! These M&M’s Christmas cookies are mixed with both semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, giving this holiday classic a boost.
PIN THIS M&M’s CHRISTMAS COOKIES RECIPE IN YOUR CHRISTMAS, COOKIE, HOLIDAY AND WINTER BOARDS ON PINTEREST. AND FOLLOW SWEET TEA & THYME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE TIPS, HACKS, AND TASTY RECIPES!
Are we in full holiday swing yet? Are you singing Christmas carols? Enjoying the old-school holiday music at the mall? Going to holiday parties? Getting into some baking traditions with the babies?
Greyson’s eyes light up every year when we make these, they’re really just a child’s dream cookie. What kid doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies and M&M’s, you know? These have been a mommy-son tradition in our house since he was two and was able to help dump the ingredients into a bowl. Greyson and I have been baking up a storm all month, giving cookies and goodies away, and, of course, eating.
I am definitely going to do some overtime at the gym after the holiday season is over.
But for now…cookies. Specifically M&m’s Christmas Cookies.
Other Christmas Cookies to check out this year:
The base of the cookies are from the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I posted years ago. They’re thick, chewy, super-duper soft, and full of chocolate chips and big Christmas-colored M&M’s. The cookie dough has that great hit of vanilla and, best part, there’s no chilling required. These cookies come together in less than thirty minutes, which is perfect for your little helpers and their impatience.
I’d love to know y’all’s holiday traditions, so leave them in the comments!
Shop this recipe
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $20.20
- Price: $6.99Was: $8.80
FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES, SUBSCRIBE TO SWEET TEA & THYME!
AND LET’S CONNECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA THROUGH MY FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM. I LOVE GETTING TO KNOW YOU GUYS!
Thick, chewy, and perfect for Santa! These M&M's Christmas cookies are mixed with both semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, giving this holiday classic a boost.
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter melted but not hot
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Christmas colored M&M's chopped roughly
- 1/2 whole Christmas colored M&M's
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream sugars and the melted butter with an electric beater on low until completely combined. If you have un-melted pieces of butter in the liquid butter, don't worry, it'll melt down in the mixture.
- Add the egg and vanilla until just beaten in (about 10 seconds), do not over mix.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt into the wet ingredients with a silicone spatula until the flour is just incorporated. It should kind of come together into one soft mass that is easy to manipulate with your hands without being gooey and sticky.
- Toss in all the M&M's and chocolate chips and use a spatula or your hands to mix them into the dough.
- Use a cookie scoop to make even cookie balls and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake each batch for 10 minutes. Do not over bake! It's better to pull out early than to pull out late! They should be very puffy looking, even a little pale when taken out.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then allow them to cool for 15 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Keep in an air tight container and they'll stay fresh for at least 3-5 days.
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe!