Creamy, silky smooth, and darn good with basically anything, cheese sauce is a big winner. This recipe doesn’t congeal and is made with sharp white cheddar, though your favorite cheese can be substituted.
PIN this Cheese Sauce recipe in your SAUCE, DIPS, COMFORT FOODS, AND ENTERTAINING BOARDS on PINTEREST. And follow Sweet Tea & Thyme on Pinterest for more tips, hacks, and tasty recipes!
This cheese sauce is fantastic! You can strip it to the basics without seasoning, swap up the cheese to your liking (want a kick? Try pepper jack!), the options are totally up to you.
I originally whipped this up to go along with some Soft Pretzel Bites, and it got scooped up so fast I knew it had to come up on the blog so I could share the wealth.
The cheesy liquid gold wealth.
This can be the dip to your pretzels, the sauce to your nachos, the cheese to your poutine…
Oh yeah, this will be a staple in your fridge.
For more great recipes, subscribe to Sweet Tea & Thyme!
And let’s connect on social media through my FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER and INSTAGRAM. I love getting to know you guys!
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded (or your favorite cheese)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a saucepan, toss cheese and cornstarch together until cheese is evenly coated.
- Stir in evaporated milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and cook over medium heat until cheese is melted, whisking often. Cheese sauce will be done cooking in about 5 minutes.
- While hot, sauce is more liquid, like nacho cheese. When it cools down, it will be a thicker, dip consistency.
Here are More Great Recipes for Entertaining!