And I do mean awesome. In less than 30 minutes you have hot, cheesy spinach dip bubbling out of the oven with just three ingredients.
How was mother’s day for everyone? I went to the zoo with my family and my son had a blast. It was really fun, Greyson loved the birds and he was able to go crazy at the playgrounds, he was everywhere!
Back to spinach dip…
This counts as ‘healthy’, right? I mean, it’s a ton of spinach…just covered in cheese. It counts. Broccoli and cheese counts as a healthy side so I call this a healthy dip. Sort of.
Spinach dip is never a ‘leftover’ here and if you make some for a party or with guests, make sure to make a second batch to hide in the back of the fridge for yourself because it will be gone shortly after you set it on the table.
It’s a simple, easy recipe mostly based on taste, with few ingredients (really three if you don’t count the seasoning) and comes together in 30 minutes with little work. You don’t even squeeze out the excess water from the spinach, it evaporates!
It’s so simple, my husband did it.
And he hates cooking!
- 16 oz frozen spinach
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- ¾-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat a saucepan up to medium low heat and drop in your frozen spinach. We are trying to evaporate the liquid, warm up the spinach and break it up.
- Put your cream cheese into the saucepan and mix it with the spinach until the cheese is soft and is well combined. Add your spices and mix well.
- Turn your heat off and stir in half your mozzarella, then pour your dip into a medium sized, oven safe dish (I used a 7x7 dish). Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top and stick in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown, bubbly and delicious.