Cold, refreshing, lemonade-stand-worthy strawberry lemonade that is so addictive, you won’t be able to put the glass down.
PIN this strawberry lemonade recipe in your SUMMER and SUMMER DRINKS BOARDS on Pinterest! And follow SWEET TEA & THYME on Pinterest for more tips, hacks, and tasty recipes!
Are you hot where you live? Because I’m sweltering, chile. Especially since it just hit July, the dog-days of summer; one hundred degree weather is not the business!
Today’s recipe is a simple, quintessential summer drink: pink, strawberry lemonade! Fresh, refreshing, strawberry lemonade that you will not be able to put down until you finish the whole glass, honey!
No, I’m not joking; you will really say, “ahhhh.” after finishing the whole glass. It will quench the thirst you didn’t even know you had. It’s soul-quenching.
The flavor from the STRAWBERRY SYRUP (which is a separate recipe that can be used for anything, from pancakes to ice cream, to strawberry milk!) will surprise you, it will taste just like you drank a liquefied strawberry in your lemonade. No chemical taste, no throat-burning, too-acidic lemonade flavor, no pieces of strawberry pulp clogging your straws, nothing but what strawberry lemonade is supposed to taste like: a refreshing, heat-beating glass of sweet yet slightly tart of pure summer.
Not to mention the fact this can be a batch for the kiddies and a separate batch can be mixed with rum or some lemon vodka for the adults at the party.
Because it’s not summer without a party, amiright?
- 1½ to 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 6-8 lemons
- ¼ cup Strawberry Syrup Recipe
- 3 cups ice water
- Lemons and Strawberries to garnish
- Create a simple syrup by pouring sugar and first 3 cups water into a saucepan over medium high heat. Allow the sugar to dissolve and the water come to a simmer. Take off heat and either allow to cool slightly, about 5-10 minutes. Your ice will still cool down your finished drink.
- In your pitcher, juice the lemons, pour in the strawberry syrup, and add the simple syrup, then add in the ice water.
- Add garnish, stir and enjoy in tall glasses.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe!
Want some exclusive content and DELICIOUS meal ideas? Subscribe to Sweet Tea & Thyme!
Here are more Summer-centric Recipes!
See you next post!